Main Menu

djorzgul's keyshots

Started by djorzgul, August 20, 2015, 01:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Absolutely love the last one... 8)

djorzgul

I changed the eye reflection and find some middle ground between backlight variants... Will call it finished for now.
Hopefully project will get the green light in near future.

( by the way, first time I hear about Gerry Anderson, shame on me. He's a real old school master)

edwardo

QuoteVery Gerry Anderson, and that makes it cool in my book :)

Martin

These are great! And Martin is right, very Gerry Anderson (except, not a lot of people know this, it was actually a man called John Blundell who set a particular style with Gerry Andersons work - he carved Parker and Lady Penelope from TB's, and was a master craftsman who learned his thing in Russia and Japan. Sadly he died a few months ago, with not much notoriety outside the puppeteering community)

This guy isn't far of a 'Aquaphibian' from 'Stingray' (which I believe John Blundell also carved)

Really nice work!
E

djorzgul

Heh,
This is exactly what I like about quality communities... You constantly learn new and interesting things... It's like neverending super-cool university :)
Thanks for the info, I did a bit of search and reading and John Blundall was a great artist indeed.
I feel humbled when you compare my work with his.

So thanks one more time. I'll try to prove the compliments with the rest of the project.
Having said that, the good news is concept got approved and I will start working on a complete series of intergalactic portraits :)
Hopefully Keyshot 6 will come just in time :)

Will Gibbons

Nice stuff! That choco-date up top is rad! Loving those textures and attention to detail!

djorzgul

Two WIPs, one creature... ZBrush and Keyshot as usual :)

djorzgul

I wish I could make volumetric effect directly in Keyshot...

TpwUK

Ha! It's a Zen bug :) I think it's great ...

QuoteI wish I could make volumetric effect directly in Keyshot...

It's already in the pipeline, just no mention of when it will be ready :)

Martin