Main Menu

Starlord

Started by miekemaes, September 29, 2015, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miekemaes

Still needs some work ( hair, proportions in the face ) but wanted to see how all the components looked together

edwardo

wow, good work. When I cover up his forehead the likeness is 100%. Eyes, nose and mouth are perfect! Also, the earphone sponge pads feel quite 'flat'. Looking forwards to seeing this finished.

Still haven't seen G of the G.

E

miekemaes

The hair DEFINITELY needs more work lol :) I couldn't really get a hold on what type of shader to use for the foamy part. I used a skin shader for it and applied a bump map to it but rendered from far it doesn't show at all and still looked very plastic :/

Josh3D

Looking really good! (Such a great movie.) May be able to use a a bump and opacity map. Here's a forum topic that shows an example.

miekemaes

Big fan of the movie as well ( and the great music ) Thanks a lot for the link. Very helpfull!

Will Gibbons

Super rendering! I also haven't seen it. One thing I'll point out is that his neck (where it meets the shirt collar) looks a bit bright. Seems like it'd be darker in that area.

Martin Kamminga

Wow great sculpting!! Amazing job  :D

syrom

Quote from: miekemaes on September 29, 2015, 06:10:09 PM
Still needs some work ( hair, proportions in the face ) but wanted to see how all the components looked together

Very nice.  What did you use for the hair?

miekemaes

Thx a lot for the feedback and pointers everyone! For the hair i used Zbrushes fibermesh as that is the only tool i know at the moment to generate hair. I also use maya for building basic geometry but haven't tried out nhair or anything like that. as i've seen some nice work done with that by other artists. I defenitley need to explore a little bit more in this area