Error Import in .3ds or obj my Tires from 3ds max, why ? + Images

Started by xxxenigmaxxx, November 18, 2010, 04:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxxenigmaxxx

Hi, i have a problem to import mi design from 3ds max to keyshot, all my polygon is editable poly, not had problems until the design of my car tires.

had first designed the tires some simple objects, the export to 3ds, and without problems keyshot.

after the redesign and then the problems started to turn the front wheels, the rim and the ring do not match,

try to import several tires and designed in 3ds, (the download from the web) and 3ds max, I have no problems, but when I export to 3ds, keyshot is making possible the same with the tires?

how I can fix this problem?

i have 3ds max 2011 x64 / win7x64

Excuse my English, I speak not very good, greetings from mexico.

guest84672

Can you PM jbeau? He is the master when it comes to this kind of stuff.

jbeau

Make sure your transforms are reset and pivots are centered to the origin.

To reset your transforms: select your object-->Heirarchy panel-->adjust pivot dialouge-->select affect pivot only-->adjust transform dialouge--> reset transforms and scale.

To center your pivot to the origin: select your object-->Heirarchy panel-->adjust pivot dialouge-->select affect pivot only-->open up transform dialouge and manually type x=0, y=0, z=0.

TRY this FIRST:
You could attach your messed up tire to a tire that is correct.
Do do so: select your good tire-->open your edit mesh stack-->attach bad tire-->detach bad tire and rename it accordingly-->close edit mesh stack.

By doing this you take on the transforms of the correct tire. I also recommend you zero out your rotation before attempting either process.

Why are you using 3ds? Use Obj, it maintains quads for subd before exporting to KS.

Cool looking car btw ;D

xxxenigmaxxx

http://vimeo.com/17072150
I did what you told me, but my problem is not resolved, I'm doing wrong? .. please see the video to record, as exported from 3ds max to keyshot

jbeau

Sorry I missed your reply. Did you ever get it worked out? For those that need help in the future please email me directly. I don't check these forums often. You can send me the tire geo if you want and I'll fix it...
Best Regards,
~Jbeau

jbeauchamp@rpa.com