Main Menu

IronMan

Started by alexx, August 28, 2015, 06:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexx

Few iron man closeups.
Somehow i don't have patience on waiting on DOF shots. i get excited and worried at the same time.
Anyway, i had a short power outage whilst rendering. well, that sucks! Not a fan at all.
Someone said UPS? haha... yeahh :( :(

edwardo

really nice! The 'mood' is spot on!

E

INNEO_MWo

yeah. It's great work.

IMHO I would try to change the "dirt texture" of the mask. It looks normal projected to the camera. So the effect is, that the mask looks 'flat'. Maybe a UV mapping should do better results.

BUT I like that style and the soft colors with lower saturation.

Will Gibbons

Nice rendering alexx. I'd second the suggestion by MWo on the mask. Also, maybe mess with the HDRI with fewer light sources to add a hard light and cast some more dramatic shadow to help shape the face. Also, buy a backup power supply! Best money I ever spent. Saves your hardware and the worry that you might get zapped during a storm or surge.

alexx

The Mask has uv's and a subtle normal map with a metal texture (they are not same), and in post i added few dirt maps with low opacity.But I don't know if i understood you, but you guys are suggesting to apply more harsh normal to the mask and ditch the post textures?

As for the backup power supply i always end up buying something else... "Oh look new graphic card", "oh look that's some sexy cooler" hahah
i know i'm gonna cry when storm hits and fries my drives, but definitely i have to buy UPS asap. this is my second time during work that happen.

thanks for the suggestions guys. is much appreciated.

Will Gibbons

Hey Alexx,

Yes, I think you got us right. I just assumed the grime was added in KS. You use the word 'normal', not sure if you mean bump by that, or the way it's applied. I think MWo might have mentioned using not a normal projection, but something like box map, which should 'wrap' the texture around the geometry (like a label) creating a more realistic result.

And yeah, nothing wrong with using Photoshop to finish something, but KS will allow you to get more realistic texture effects (with less effort) when used properly. If you want to learn more about these, I'm pretty sure there's tutorials on the KeyShot website.

Cheers!

alexx

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on August 31, 2015, 04:47:06 AM
Hey Alexx,

Yes, I think you got us right. I just assumed the grime was added in KS. You use the word 'normal', not sure if you mean bump by that, or the way it's applied. I think MWo might have mentioned using not a normal projection, but something like box map, which should 'wrap' the texture around the geometry (like a label) creating a more realistic result.

And yeah, nothing wrong with using Photoshop to finish something, but KS will allow you to get more realistic texture effects (with less effort) when used properly. If you want to learn more about these, I'm pretty sure there's tutorials on the KeyShot website.

Cheers!

thanks will