Main Menu

Xiaomi Mi 4i Study

Started by Hellboy1991, September 02, 2015, 05:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellboy1991

Here i was trying out a 'Presentation-style' render of the Xiaomi Mi 4i phone, with inspiration from the official Mi site at http://www.mi.com/in/mi4i/. The reason? Simply because i love the smooth, almost Zen-like design of this phone so much.  This was entirely modelled and rendered by me in Rhino and Keyshot. Comments are welcome!!

Despot

Hello HellBoy

I like what you've done, the colours and presentation are great - but like a lot of people on here, you've rendered at at a higher res than the model can take. When I look full size, I can see slight tessellation around the edge of the phone and other areas. Apart from that, good stuff

J

Hellboy1991

Thanks, Metal master :) ... I ll be careful in the future . Keep the suggestions coming :)

TpwUK

Hi Hellboy, have you fell out with wings3D ? ... Don't forget with KS5 you can import the NURBs data directly, rather than using those render meshes from Rhino. If you prefer the render meshes, use document properties in rhino and increase the mesh quality to help with those tessellation issues described by MM

Martin

Hellboy1991

nah , i still love Wings3D.. Just tht my professors prefer Rhino ;) ... I'll sure work on improving this.. I'll try out the feature y suggested.. thanks martin!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: The Metal Master on September 02, 2015, 05:06:43 AM
Hello HellBoy

I like what you've done, the colours and presentation are great - but like a lot of people on here, you've rendered at at a higher res than the model can take. When I look full size, I can see slight tessellation around the edge of the phone and other areas. Apart from that, good stuff

J

I agree. Nice, juicy renders and attention to detail is great. Also, thanks John for the point about resolution. I didn't know about that. Love learning new stuff!