Main Menu

Villain Sculpt

Started by alexx, September 03, 2015, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexx

Doodling in zbrush. It was a 30 min sculpt. Evil villain with his sidekick :)

TpwUK

That's pretty good for 30 mins sculpting ... How much KS prepping time to render ?

Martin

alexx

That took a bit longer because i was messing around with the skin shader and hair. made few test renders to make sure everything was working properly. I have textures only on the face and the antenna. Everything else was standard materials with various bump maps. In post i made few color touch ups and overall color grade.
rendering time was arround 50 min...

As for the sculpting i was trying to keep it low (rough model), i didn't give too much attention to individual parts for detail and stuff. Somehow this kind of projects are more fun working on. (for me).

Wanna try more hair renders next time... this is my first time with hair in Keyshot

PhilippeV8

Why does he look like me ?  :o
Why you calling me evil looking ??  :-\

naah, just kiddin  ;D

djorzgul

nice :)

I'd just separate him a bit more from the background with stronger backlight, bit more contrast...

Josh3D

Love the direction this is going. A little more refinement on materials and lighting, maybe not so much post.

50 minutes seems excessive for this. Did you use HDRI lighting or was the subject enclosed?

alexx

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on September 04, 2015, 12:06:30 AM
Why does he look like me ?  :o
Why you calling me evil looking ??  :-\

naah, just kiddin  ;D

haha, that cracked me up :)

alexx

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 04, 2015, 09:17:25 AM
Love the direction this is going. A little more refinement on materials and lighting, maybe not so much post.

50 minutes seems excessive for this. Did you use HDRI lighting or was the subject enclosed?

thanks josh, yeah, i agree, it needs more work to be perfect.
As for the rendering time, yes its a bit too much. The skin material always gives me hard time, if i added dof that would be even worse. I used custom Hdri. Maybe i'm cranking settings way to much. On projects like this my overall settings are something like 34 samples, AA:6/7/8 and Ray Bounces 7/8/9. I render it a bit darker than usual and i dialed the exposure in post..  maybe that comes in play for the excessive render time.

alexx

Quote from: djorzgul on September 04, 2015, 09:09:08 AM
nice :)

I'd just separate him a bit more from the background with stronger backlight, bit more contrast...

yeah, it could benefit from little more backlight :)