Pictogramm rendering in KeyShot

Started by Subrosa, September 03, 2015, 05:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subrosa

Hey,
not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not - I am sorry about that!

I made some models in Rhinoceros V5. Now I need a few pictogramm-like pictures. I managed to export the first one directly from Rhino, but I cant't really control the thickness of the lines and the background is only partially transparent. Now I am wondering: Is there a way to do the same thing in keyshot?

What I need:

• Stronger outlines
  • Only black or white lines on a transparent background
  • Shadows like in my example are okay, but not needed

Some help would be awesome!

Greetings!  ;)

Edit: Almost forgot!

I already tried the toon materials and the alpha-setting for rendering. The problem is, that the lines "stop" as if they have shadows. Another problem is that - yes, the background is transparent - but my model isnt. I ONLY need the outlines, not the surfaces.  :(

texax

I'm not sure about Keyshot but I'm very positive you can achieve the outlines result by using Photoshop action. There are many actions available online that will give you the same result, you can go with more loose kind of like a sketch or very technical. Rhino doesnt have option to display model in outlines and casted shadow at the same time?

guest83783

Play around with the 'Make2D' command in Rhino...

My tip would be to set your camera angle in Rhino and export that view to keyshot
Render your scene in keyshot
Used you 2D elements from Rhino to outline the renders from Keyshot
(draw a border around your Make2D stuff and use the CurveBoolean command' in Rhino to create closed curves which you can fill and edit in Illustrator - Bosh them over the top and play around with transparencies...

In essence you can create some nice vector outlines in Rhino and overlay them in Photoshop Illustrator to give you more control over this workflow.

If you'd like to keep it purely in Keyshot, play around with line thickness, line quality and then render NURBS and increase the settings for render output to ensure it's peachy.

Good luck!

mafrieger

fyi:
in ks 6.1 some toon enhancements are coming:
see
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=11702

maybe you are also interested in vector export directly from KS?
vote/comment for it:
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=11735.0