Kitchen interior render

Started by PhilippeV8, September 04, 2015, 12:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

Kitchen interior .. main subject is the sliding door .. which will be highlighted in the brochure.
We have no real photo's yet of the product but they want to add it to the reference book.

Changing the light-switch and power-plug-thing from dark to white is on my to-do-list.  Think they attrackt too much focus.

Any other tips ?

TpwUK

If the sliding door is to be the point of focus, then i would lower the intensity of the lighting in the kitchen area, and increase the lighting from the other side of the sliding door to pull the eye in that direction. Nobody likes looking into a black abyss as it installs dread and fear.

Martin

Josh3D

Looking very good, but yeah, the sliding door is about the last thing I notice. I'd drop the lighting and put some can lights over by the door, maybe even a painting on the wall next to the door to show the benefit of a slider--would be a reason to put more overhead lighting in that area as well.

Speedster

And maybe put a dim physical light in the closet?
Bill G

DriesV

Very convincing!
Was this done with KeyShot 5?

Dries

Will Gibbons

Yeah, I'd play like others said, with drawing attention to the sliding door. Maybe make it more of an evening/night scene with less light in the main part of the room, dim the lights and Josh's idea of a painting is great. Maybe something to lead the eye in with a color pop? Something within the closet. Maybe a prop or two could be used to inject some life or narrative into it?

PhilippeV8

KS5 indeed.

I like Josh comment .. being that the door was the last thing he noticed.  It's kinda double this situation .. but the name of the door is "invisidoor SDX" ... the door further to the right is "invisidoor DL" ... they are meant to almost look invisible ...

It's tricky making renders for "invisivent" which is an invisible window vent .. "invisidoor" which are hinges that puts your door flush with the wall and has a special frame that gets plastered into the wall so you have no visible frame .. etc etc ... my bosses are real fans of selling invisible stuff ... try to make a render that pleases them haha  ;)

What I generaly do is try to show the product as good as possible in a stand-alone product shot ... then if it's build in, try to hide it as much as possible.  DTP will generaly put dashed line box around them or put an arrow from the text to the product-location when they put it all together in a brochure or leaflet.

edwardo

Pretty dam good - way better than any (interior) results i ever got out of KS5

DriesV

Very impressive results with KS5! I'm sure you'll LOVE KS6 for doing these kind of shots. :)

Dries

Despot

I agree with Dries, very cool results for KS5 Philippe, I actually thought it 6...

J

PhilippeV8