SolidWorks + Bunkspeed = ???

Started by Speedster, September 22, 2015, 12:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Just heard that Dassault Systèmes has acquired BunkSpeed.

To quote from todays press release: "We are proud to announce that following the acquisition by Dassault Systèmes, Bunkspeed is now part of Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS and will be renamed SOLIDWORKS Visualize."

Hope this is not a bad omen for the future...  I'd hate to change my CAD system if they no longer support (or exclude) KeyShot.  But I would.

Bill G

KeyShot

Thank you for the support Bill.

This move should not have any influence on KeyShot's ability to read SolidWorks data. SolidWorks have been switching rendering solutions several times in the past few years. They got Bunkspeed as part of the deal when Dassault acquired RTT a couple of years ago. We are using third-party libraries to read the SolidWorks assemblies into KeyShot, and the KeyShot plugin for SolidWorks has been working without problems even though SolidWorks integrated another rendering solution a few years ago.

TpwUK

Wasn't this proposed about 2 years back - DS was going to acquire RTT which included Bunkspeed ?

Has it just gone through then - That was a long acquisition if so :P

Martin

** Edit **

Ha Thomas beat me to it !! and gives a superior answer too :)

Speedster

I think Luxion should acquire Dassault SolidWorks and put an end to their rendering misery.
Bill G