Main Menu

Mazda Roadster

Started by ajilopez, October 25, 2015, 09:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajilopez

RED ALERT!

Despot

Hmm, what's happening with the front wheels on both cars ?, they seem to be tilting or warped, not sure if it's a perspective issue or not ? - but to me they look a little bit like caricatures, I'm thinking Pixar's 'Cars'...

I do like the red paint job though :)

J

Will Gibbons

I could be wrong, but it looks like your top rendering is done with an ultra-wide lens... maybe 25-20mm fisheye, yet the backplate is more like at a 200mm. I'd try matching your lens you have on the cars with that of the backplate. Otherwise, very nice!

ajilopez

@Despot

It is a perspective thing. :) the render was done with a perspective of 23 :)

@Will

Hi Will! Haha! yep correct. But no backplate was used, everything is in 3d :)

Will Gibbons

Now that I look a bit closer, I can see the verticals on the building converging as you go up... so makes sense.

ajilopez

@will yup! :)

practice practice practice

TpwUK

Very nice result. The tyre tread could do with a tad more light to show the details. Also drop the resolution of your final render the tow bar cover looks tessellated. Is this your model ? It's really nice surfacing.

Martin

ajilopez

Thanks Martin! :) I just try to practice during my spare time. The full model is by Squir. Wheels, tires and soft top are mine. The model didn't come with a rag top with it :)

TpwUK

https://youtu.be/Wen3kO-_1jA?hd=1&fs=1&autoplay=1&rel=0 will take you to Tim Feher's webinar on vehicle rendering techniques, give it a go, and take your skills up a notch :) You're already producing some good renders ajilopez so feed the skills you have

Martin

ajilopez

Nice! Thanks Martin :)

edwardo

Nice work man. Your last 3 shots are fantastic (way too nice for the subject matter!)

Ed

TpwUK

You're welcome ... Will be cool to see your progress :)

Martin

ajilopez

@ed

edwardo

QuoteThanks :) but but...i love the new miata :P

Fair enough, each to their own. I don't like the car, but appreciate the renders. Good work.  :)

TpwUK

Interesting scene ... Like the way you are thinking here but those tyre tracks are way to prominent and confusing and they are making your tarmac look like its fabric. Keep pushing it dude. The cars and the lighting are good. The cone and the tarmac need working on some more :)

Martin