Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Stormtrooper

Started by Juan_Martin, November 04, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan_Martin

Hello guys!

I'm very hyped with the new Star Wars movie coming,  and wanted to set myself a little challenge before it comes out, so I have been working on this Stormtrooper model. I really hope you like it  (fingers crossed) ::).

It was made in Maya and Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot, and postproduction in Photoshop.

TpwUK

edwardo

hmmm, so so

Just kidding...... This is one of the finest pieces of work Iv seen on this forum. I could go on and on about it but I'm tired. Will take a proper look at it tomorrow.

Will Gibbons

Yeah, the movement and action in this image is awesome! We're used to seeing stationary objects and inanimate things. This is refreshing!

PhilippeV8

Jetmir Gashi

I just love this image! I'm also hyped for the Star Wars releases this year
+1

theAVator

Amazing! Love the movement!
Not sure about anyone else, but i think it'd be cool to see a "how it's made" video clip highlighting the high points from concept to modeling to rendering and post-prod.

Josh3D

Hey Juan! This is indeed great! Very well done.

Juan_Martin

Hey! thank you all I'm very glad you like it :). It's an honor to read your comments.

theAVator: I'm sorry; I'm not sure I'd have the time to actually make a video, been very busy as of late, but I could work on some breakdown screenshots and post them here to explain the process  ;D.

Martin Kamminga

This is soooo good!!! Yeah if you could tell us a little about the progress, that would be amazing. Anyway keep It up :D

Juan_Martin

Hey guys I'm working on the breakdowns, just letting you know I haven't forgotten  :D

Angelo

i love it, you did it accurate too they always miss in the movies! lol

Juan_Martin

Hahaha that was the idea Angelo!  ;D I wanted him to shoot through the sights, although his armor and helmet make it a little difficult.

Alright, here are the first breakdowns from idea and inspirations to modeling, some ideas are pretty general, but if you look them up on youtube there are many tutorials  :). Will try to post breakdowns on the rendering and post soon. Wish I had more time to make better breakdowns.  :-[

mertmg

syrom

If you could rig ik bones  and animate him. ..... you are pro! Lol