Started by Esben Oxholm, November 12, 2015, 09:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Chris Rosewarne on December 09, 2015, 01:46:16 AM
Love the quality in these!! Great work!
Thanks a lot, Chris. Much appreciated!

Esben Oxholm

Hi all.
As written in the initial post I wanted my showreel to be organic by improving and updating every 2nd month or so... and here we are. To month after. I've updated the reel with a few new works that I've done. Nothing much, but still worth an update I believe.

Check it out and let me know what you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYv9Z7qWrJo

Best,
Esben

KeyShot

TpwUK

That a boy Esben, keep pushing reels like these and you should see a good prosperous 2016 :)
Big thumbs up from here ...

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Visually, I think this is is superb. Clean, crisp and engaging.

Personally, I'm not too sure about the choice of music, but that's just personal preferences I guess.

Esben Oxholm

Thank you guys.

Yeah, I hear you on the choice of music, Magnus. I'm not sure about it either. Probably going to change it in the next update. I just wanted something else than the typical overly dramatic cinematic  or electronic sorta house'ish stuff that I think is a bit overused in showreels.
I personally listen mostly to progressive death metal. I know that won't do, but I'm finding it tough to find a style of music that will do well in a showreel that I like very well myself... and is free of copyright as well. Any recommendations are appreciated :)

TpwUK

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 17, 2016, 02:02:41 AM
Thank you guys.

Yeah, I hear you on the choice of music, Magnus. I'm not sure about it either. Probably going to change it in the next update. I just wanted something else than the typical overly dramatic cinematic  or electronic sorta house'ish stuff that I think is a bit overused in showreels.
I personally listen mostly to progressive death metal. I know that won't do, but I'm finding it tough to find a style of music that will do well in a showreel that I like very well myself... and is free of copyright as well. Any recommendations are appreciated :)

Hi Esben ... Your local radio station can come in handy at times. They normally receive demo tracks from up n coming acts or people trying to get known. Talk with them, they can be really good name droppers at times :)

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Thanks, TpwUK.
I'll keep that tip in mind :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 17, 2016, 02:02:41 AM
Thank you guys.

Yes, striving for originality can be hard. I actually don't mind the cinematic/electronic cliché's in the showreel genre, but I see your point. That said, the house/electronica genre is very wide in my opinion. I believe you can make it fresh and original even if you end up within this genre. But finding the perfect tune can be extremely time consuming.

Progressive death metal would hit a narrow crowd though;)

Speedster

Wow, Esben- the January update is awesome!

Now- promise not to laugh...  There are many pieces of classical music that would be appropriate.  There are several riffs in Mozart's 5th Violin Concerto that are spot on for your pace and cadence, and upbeat as well.

Bill G

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Speedster on January 21, 2016, 11:43:20 AM
Wow, Esben- the January update is awesome!

Now- promise not to laugh...  There are many pieces of classical music that would be appropriate.  There are several riffs in Mozart's 5th Violin Concerto that are spot on for your pace and cadence, and upbeat as well.
Thanks, Bill!
Classical music could indeed be nice. Went with something else in the newest update though. I'll keep it in mind for later :)

Esben Oxholm

Chad Holton

TpwUK

Your getting good at this show-reel game - well done again Esben

Martin

NM-92

Incredible. The transitions are really nice. I also like the music.