Showreel [October 2016 update]

Started by Esben Oxholm, November 12, 2015, 09:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeyShot

Will Gibbons

Great update! Looking slick.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Nothing less than impressive. Keeps getting better too. Not that I expected anything less:)

Esben Oxholm

Thank you all for the very kind comments. Glad you like it.

I would really like your thoughts on what the weakest projects/clips in the portfolio are.
I'm finishing a few new projects at the moment that I want to include in the next update, but would like not to make the showreel much longer.

So what 1-2 projects would you substitute?

Justin M

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 17, 2016, 06:33:12 AM
Thank you all for the very kind comments. Glad you like it.

I would really like your thoughts on what the weakest projects/clips in the portfolio are.
I'm finishing a few new projects at the moment that I want to include in the next update, but would like not to make the showreel much longer.

So what 1-2 projects would you substitute?

A few things that I would do. The product explosion between the watch and the engine is very short, slow it down so you have time to see it more or lose it altogether.  For the lamp shot, I would use the rotating arm first then cut to the bulb,  it helps build up the shot better.   I like that you incorporated the gem stone into the intro, it wasn't as strong just being on its own but works nicely incorporated into the title/intro.  Your reel is only approx 0:47 sec, that is not long at all, I wouldn't be too worried about making it longer. To me the pill bottle is the obvious candidate for substitution, but I would leave it and just add your new stuff ontop of that seeing how its still well under a minute. 

Esben Oxholm

Thanks a lot Justin!
Very useful feedback. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I had my doubts about the product explosion as well. I think I'll redo it and make it move a bit slower.

Thanks again.

Esben Oxholm

May edition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNpzd1llaEo

Critics and comments are still very welcome.
Thanks.

guest84672

NM-92

Justin M

Its been awhile since I've been on the forums. Very nice, your reel has improved a lot. Nice edits, the music goes very well with it.

Esben Oxholm

Thanks guys.
Much appreciated.

Thanks for noticing, Justin. I really like to spend the time needed to cut everything on beat as much as possible :)

Esben Oxholm

Hi!
Finally got the time to do an update to my showreel.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/Caq6DuCZYAg

Robb63

Getting better all the time, and it was amazing to start with!!

LayC42

That looks so good that I can't wait for the next update. Very impressive!

Chad Holton

Sooo nice! The ring is just awesome.