Problem with texture?

Started by Mhassu, November 26, 2015, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhassu

Hi there,

i'm newbie to render so maybe texture isn't the right word,

but here is my issue : I have a problem with lights on my sphere, and i don't know where it comes from..

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=498471pbkeyshot.jpg

The top and the bottom don't apply the texture well..

Will Gibbons

I don't work in MAX at all, but this appears to be a tessellation issue with your geometry. Probably has to do with outport (from MAX) and or import (into KeyShot). I don't think your lights/environment has anything to do with it.

TpwUK

This to me looks more like a failure with smoothing groups or edges not being welded. Make a back-up of your Max scene and then if you have sub-d and smoothing active apply/commit them to your base mesh and then try rendering again. If your main object is built on NURBs you may need to change it to being a mesh. With this modified scene, try to render again as Max. If it still fails, then try exporting the scene to FBX or OBJ and then import the resulting file directly into KS and try rendering again.

Martin

Mhassu

Okay thank you, i'll see what I can do .. But the problem is even if I disable the smooth, my object still do this in Keyshot. Well I haven't tried in 3Ds, I'm a newbie so render in 3Ds is the next step I hope to master  ;D