Cobalt Co50 Valkyrie VR

Started by abedsabeh, November 18, 2015, 10:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

The first private aircraft "Cobalt Co50 Valkyrie" designed by David Loury. Rendered using KeyShot 5.

Abed

http://www.cobalt-aircraft.com/co50-valkyrie/

theAVator

Cool Plane! Nice render!
I like seeing the lights, but it's a bit distracting that they only come on during certain frames - if you scroll through it starts flashing at you. Maybe a daytime and a nighttime render would showcase the features better??

Did you just render the images in KS and then use another program to stitch the VR or did you modify the KS generated code to get it to show the percent in the middle instead of the images loaded in the upper corner?

INNEO_MWo

Thumbs up. I like that light animation while dragging. Great work!

abedsabeh

Quote from: theAVator on November 18, 2015, 10:44:22 AM
Cool Plane! Nice render!
I like seeing the lights, but it's a bit distracting that they only come on during certain frames - if you scroll through it starts flashing at you. Maybe a daytime and a nighttime render would showcase the features better??

Did you just render the images in KS and then use another program to stitch the VR or did you modify the KS generated code to get it to show the percent in the middle instead of the images loaded in the upper corner?

A smoother strobe light means more frames to render, we avoided that to get a faster load. Also, for the rendering. I rendered the model, the lights and the mask of the lights separately. I used After effects for the comp. At the end, the web designer worked on it, so I don't have any clue about the code he used  :)

abedsabeh

Quote from: MWo on November 18, 2015, 11:02:58 AM
Thumbs up. I like that light animation while dragging. Great work!

Thanks!
Abed

Esben Oxholm

That is one cool airplane and one cool VR!
Must have been a fun job to do.

TpwUK

Thumbs up from here Abed, that VR would have been a great entry for the beta 6 render challenge :)

Martin

PhilippeV8

Cool!  Seing it from the front looks like a Dreamliner, seeing it from the back looks like a Cessna  ;D

It also reminds me of that dolphin dive speedboat whatshemecallit ...
http://cooltechmaniacs.com/dolphin-shaped-watercraft-that-can-both-dive-and-fly-the-seabreacher/

Awesome plane!  I want one  ;D (as soon as I hit the jackpot)

Will Gibbons

That's nice, and it didn't take a year to load on my end ;) always a plus! Cool stuff.

Ioannis Aronis

abedsabeh

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 18, 2015, 11:37:12 PM
Cool!  Seing it from the front looks like a Dreamliner, seeing it from the back looks like a Cessna  ;D

It also reminds me of that dolphin dive speedboat whatshemecallit ...
http://cooltechmaniacs.com/dolphin-shaped-watercraft-that-can-both-dive-and-fly-the-seabreacher/

Awesome plane!  I want one  ;D (as soon as I hit the jackpot)

Philippe, you can order one :). Also, nice video, but I don't recommend getting in this flying dolphin after having a meal with some wine  :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Just throwing in a +1 here. Awesome design, cool VR!

abedsabeh