KeyShot6 Full Interior Lighting Mode Vehicle Render Studio

Started by TpwUK, November 13, 2015, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Hi Guys, here's my revised vehicle render studio that was modelled and developed purely for doing studio type shots in a studio scene so you can light things up how you want without having to rely on HDRi mapping or other third party apps.

You can download the KS6 package from here https://grabcad.com/library/vehicle-render-studio-1/files/Deluxe%20Studio%20KeyShot6%20Only

The other studio versions do not include the vehicle or any bip/ies files. The image shown is pure raw 6 hour render using KS6 with no post at all. I would love it for other KS6 users to try other vehicles and lighting solutions and to post their results here :)

Martin

syrom

Y3s! This is what I'm hoping in seeing more offer. Realism!

Despot

I kind of like what you've done Martin... :)

But 6 hours for 1920 x 1080 ? with noise that is still discernible ? For me that's not acceptable.  I shifted away from Maxwell Render to get away from those kind of render times...In this case, it would mean somewhere in the region of 12 hours for a 4K image.

If you could optimise the scene and bring the render times down, that would be great !

Sorry for the Slap/Fondle, or in this case, Fondle/Slap

Oh BTW, the GrabCAD link you posted yields a 404 error (see attached image)

J

TpwUK

J ... I don't think 6 hours is too long for a scene with over 70 IES lights to get through, but I was disappointed with the amount of noise left in the image, but as we all know it's easily fixed with post editing, and you know my opinion on that - lol

Optimising the scene still needs to be done, but i doubt it will reduce render times, you could probably speed it up by using point or area lights but that would defeat the purpose of the exercise :)
QuoteSorry for the Slap/Fondle, or in this case, Fondle/Slap
What, you, sorry ... Never  :P
QuoteOh BTW, the GrabCAD link you posted yields a 404 error
Link updated - I was using GC's new interface so reverted back to get the full URL

Martin

Will Gibbons

Cool,

I'll have a look at it when I've got a chance. Interested to see what you've done here.

feher

70 IES lights.......How can you keep track of what is what....lol

TpwUK

Quote from: feher on November 15, 2015, 06:39:30 AM
70 IES lights.......How can you keep track of what is what....lol

Fortunately they are all the same type so you can set them all at once :) Then hide them out the way until render time

Martin

KeyShot

Thanks for posting this scene Martin. I found an issue with one of the materials (the plastic with labels) causing a significant slowdown with the high number of ray bounces you are using. It has been fixed and your scene will be 2-3x faster in KeyShot 6.1

TpwUK

Quote from: KeyShot on November 16, 2015, 10:33:07 PM
Thanks for posting this scene Martin. I found an issue with one of the materials (the plastic with labels) causing a significant slowdown with the high number of ray bounces you are using. It has been fixed and your scene will be 2-3x faster in KeyShot 6.1

Nice one, thank you KeyShot! ... Is there any way of getting IES lights when applied to take into account the direction of the geometry they are applied to ? At present they all seem to point straight to the floor rather than pointing in the direction of the geometry they are assigned to.

Martin

syrom

Quote from: TpwUK on November 13, 2015, 02:16:18 PM
Hi Guys, here's my revised vehicle render studio that was modelled and developed purely for doing studio type shots in a studio scene so you can light things up how you want without having to rely on HDRi mapping or other third party apps.

You can download the KS6 package from here https://grabcad.com/library/vehicle-render-studio-1/files/Deluxe%20Studio%20KeyShot6%20Only

The other studio versions do not include the vehicle or any bip/ies files. The image shown is pure raw 6 hour render using KS6 with no post at all. I would love it for other KS6 users to try other vehicles and lighting solutions and to post their results here :)

Martin
What's in the dl you posted?  The actual scene with no car?  Is everything included like the lights?

TpwUK

In the KeyShot 6 folder is the KS6 package file for the whole scene, lights car n all :)

Martin

syrom

Quote from: TpwUK on November 17, 2015, 12:38:28 PM
In the KeyShot 6 folder is the KS6 package file for the whole scene, lights car n all :)

Martin

Awesome!  I'll  steal  this from you!  Been dying to learn how to set up ies lights and how to use them. Thanks a million! I have a dodge viper im currently finishing modeling and live your light set up here.  :)

syrom

Just checked the link. Is it the "Deluxe Studio KeyShot6 Only" folder?

TpwUK

Quote from: syrom on November 19, 2015, 11:37:06 AM
Just checked the link. Is it the "Deluxe Studio KeyShot6 Only" folder?

Yes - The KSP is in there :)

Martin