Inclination Problem

Started by bentiger, November 22, 2015, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentiger

Hi,

I would like to use the tilting (hope that's the name in english) feature in a Keyshot animation. My problem is, that my coordinate system seems to be wrong and the camera is tilting around the wrong axis. Can i somehow tell Keyshot to tilt around another axis? If not, is there a possibility to change my coordinate system?

Thanks for your help!

HaroldL

In the  Scene tab, select your model then in the Position section(lower portion of the Scene tab) enter the Rotation on the desired axis.

bentiger

Thanks for your help - this helped me to position my assembly as i want to, but now i have the problem, that my groundplate is not where i want it to be. Can i change my groundplate too?

bentiger

To specify my problem i made a screenshot. I was able to get the tilting right, but now i am facing the problem, that my table is not standing on the floor. Can i somehow turn the floor, too?

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Esben Oxholm

Hi Bentiger.

You shouldn't turn the floor, but the object itself.
Select your object and in the 'project' menu go to 'Scene' --> 'Position' and rotate your object 90 degrees around the x-axis.
If your object is now floating or penetrating the ground, you might have luck pushing the 'snap to ground' button.

See attached screenshot.

Let me know if it helps.
Best,

bentiger

Hi Esben,

Thanks for your help. My problem is not to position the table in the right way, but to use the tilting mechanism in the animation feature (and position the table right!). If i do what you suggested i am where i was in post 1.

The logic way to do this, for me would me to position the table the right way on the floor and to use the tilting mechanism around a different axis. But i did not find this option - does it exist?

Esben Oxholm

All right.
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, then.
Do you want to animate the camera or the table?

When you say 'tilting mechanism' do you refer to the 'Twist' in the camera tab?

Are you able to show/draw/screen record what you want to achieve?

bentiger

I'm using the german version of Keyshot so Tilting is wrong translation. Just looked the name up in this video.

At 4:00 the feature i want to use is called "Inclination" (camera animation):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT0TRGbM7os

Esben Oxholm

All right...
And you want to do the inclination animation on a different axis?

Have you tried animating the 'Orbit' instead of inclination?

bentiger

Yes, thats the point.
I have tried orbit, it's doing the regular orbit movement.

edit:
Not sure about the orbit movement being correct. Combining the orbit movement with a regular camera movement (x,y,z) might solve my issue...I will try it tomorrow and report.

bentiger

I still didn't get done what i want to.  :-\ Tried combining every camera function in every   Another thing i mentioned is, that my coordinates stay fix if i move my camera. Is this maybe a settings issue?

To explain my scene i have attached a quick render. I was showing the bottom of this rotary table and would like to inclinate to show some things on the top.
One option might be zooming far out and using the camera path to inclinate, but thats how i have imagined that scene.