Main Menu

Viper render.

Started by syrom, December 03, 2015, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syrom

Just one of my top car models I decided go render in ks.

syrom

Despot

I like the model itself... but if you are looking for realism you need to work a lot more on these in my opinion.

The top down interior shot gives the impression that the subject is a toy car rather than a real vehicle and correct me if I'm wrong, but you've used the exterior HDRI to illuminate what is a studio render... This is fine of course if you have overhanging trees in your studio ;)

Also you need to ground the car better, as at the moment it's 'floating'. It should be sinking slightly because of it's weight, even moreso on grass. Also, it should sink further ar the front/rear, depending on engine location.

The headlights do not look correct to me for some reason, the light should be reflecting a lot more inside the headlamp housing.

J

TpwUK

This is a good start Syrom, I have to agree with J on all he says, especially the trees/reflections with the studio shot. The model is great and can be pushed a lot further (not that you'd want to push a Viper !). Use your favourite search engine and get some reference images. The close up on the tyre is not a good idea here as the tread does not match the tyre type, and the text is the wrong way up, but you can get away with that by keeping your distance.

I am really looking forward to seeing this progress, it really is a beautiful model

Martin

Despot

I've also noticed that the tyre wall type is too large and is spilling out onto the tread - that needs to be addressed if you're doing wheel close-ups like this :)

J