Main Menu

Orange Juice

Started by DMerz III, November 20, 2015, 11:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Hey guys,

Having some trouble. I'm trying to replicate Orange Juice. I saw this post a while back from Dries

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=5263.0

The breakdown of the model is great. Definitely getting me closer than I was before, but I'm having trouble deciphering how to create this material using translucent in KS6.

SSS is new to me, and I kind of understand what is happening, but I'm not getting the results I want. I'm going to try to upload a screenshot to show what I mean. Working on client work that cannot be shared, so going to set it up quickly in another model.

But in the meantime, if someone has an orange juice material they've had success with before, please let me know which direction to go.
Also, I found 1 orange juice material on the server, but it is giving me more of a radioactive glowing juice, than what I'm going for. (It uses the advanced material)

If someone would like to help, but needs more clarity, I'll do my best.

Thanks ahead of time.

DM

TpwUK

KS6 comes with orange juice under the liquids materials - That should let you play with its settings to fine tune it to your scene :)

Martin

DMerz III

:Smacks head:  ???

Oy, I have been making my custom materials for so long, I never even thought to look there, in my head I thought...oh, look under translucent material presets, and that's where I stopped searching. Complete brain-fart.

The good news is, after tinkering for hours on Friday, I did come up with something I like. Will have to share it on the cloud once I'm done with the project.

(Attached is what I have, the left is my orange juice, the right is the orange juice preset in KS6 in case anyone is wondering).

Thanks so much for the reply!

TpwUK

PhilippeV8

I'd rather taste the one on the left  ;D

DMerz III

haha yes, Sunny D indeed. Although, I was going for more authentic OJ  ;)

Gotta figure out how to create pulp! (And somehow suspend that in there) Any ideas?
More photos to come once I'm actually finished.

Thanks

TpwUK

Quote from: dmerziii on November 23, 2015, 06:34:55 PM
haha yes, Sunny D indeed. Although, I was going for more authentic OJ  ;)

Gotta figure out how to create pulp! (And somehow suspend that in there) Any ideas?
More photos to come once I'm actually finished.

Thanks

I think i would try the 'Spots' procedural texture on the subsurface level. That way you can keep your subsurface colour as is and just play with the colour swatch for the spots. Use scale and density to suit ... This is just a guess, I can't test it at the moment, have another render going

Martin

DMerz III

That is brilliant, I'll have to test that out myself when things free up a bit for me.

Thanks!