Network Rendering: Failed and stuck on 'Archived'

Started by DMerz III, December 03, 2015, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMerz III

Hello,

So my team and I are testing out our Network rendering capabilities with our Boxx RenderPro machines. We are pitching for a job which will need thousands of images. So we want to get a rough idea of how quickly we can queue up something, send the queue to the Network, render and have it saved back on the machine. We have been queueing up 10-20 at a time, then sending to the Network to render, while queueing up the next 10-20 to send. We're trying to time how long it'll take just to complete 100 renders with this process. The problem is, the 1st 36 images rendered fine, then we hit #37, and about 20 images in the Network "Failed" at all once. There was no further explanation. After that, whatever we sent to the Network was stuck in the "Archived" status, not rendering.

Is there a limit to how many renders you can queue up on the Network?

If you'd like more clarity, I will try to provide.

Morten Kristensen

Hello David,

Sorry for your troubles. How big are the individual jobs you are adding? How much in total? Could you supply log files?

No, not theoretically but it is bounded to your machine's capabilities, of course. If I could look into the master log files then it might shed some light on the thing.

Thanks

DMerz III

Hey Morten, thanks for the reply.

I'll see if I can send the log. Have to make sure we're not sending anything confidential from our client first.

But we suspect that the reason these are failing was because the hard drive space on the BOXX RenderPros are extremely small by today's standards. We noticed that the Master needs space to unpackage, and we were getting critically low on space. Might have tripped up the NetworkRenderer.

They are 120GB SSDs and it appears after the OS and Keyshot Network software, there's about 30GB or less of space free. (Note: the Network Queue had been completely cleared prior to this test).

We're trying this same test locally on a workstation with over 200GB free to see if we hit the same kind of problem.

I'll still work on getting you a log. Might have to use a non-client file in a separate test in order to avoid confidentiality problems.

Thanks for offering help!

DMerz III

:-\ Unfortunately, there's a few confidential things in our filename which is littered about this Log, therefore I cannot send.
Very sorry about that. Thanks for helping.

I can try to answer a couple more of your questions. When we package this file, it is 609MB. While looking on the Master, there is a folder called 23, which contains elements of the Keyshot file (links,etc). This folder filesize was 1.19GB

The size of the renders we are sending are 800x800PX at 300DPI. We used the same image each time, as we are just testing time and rate everything can be queued, sent, rendered, and saved.

We sent batches of 20-30 at a time to the network.

Moving on to our next test:

We are in the middle of our "local" queue test. Running KS6, we queue up the same file, same view, same configuration 100 times and hit process queue locally on our workstation. So far we had two errors.

(See attachment for error).

After hitting okay, the queue would continue. Again we're just pressure testing things in the event we get this project from our client. Trying to figure out where there might be kinks in our workflow.

This particular computer still had 120GB of space left when this error occurred, so we are ruling out space shortage in this event.

Sorry this seems so scattered and I can't deliver the logs. If we do another test without proprietary data, names, we will send those logs in the event of another error.

Thanks again for the help