My First Car Rendering GTO in the Dark

Started by Will Gibbons, December 03, 2015, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

Not much to say. This was supposed to give me a chance to learn how to 'do headlights' Whomp, whomp.

I could use some tips, although I suppose there are headlight tutorials out there in the digital abyss that is the internet. I used this model because it's the most detailed car model I have. I assume much of the success of car headlight renderings comes down to having a good and detailed model.

That excuse aside, I defaulted to Photoshop to try to cover my lame headlamp tracks. Here's the results. Scene lit by a one-pin HDRI. First image is the edited one. Second one is the raw KS render (no post) and third is the HDRI.

syrom

Key to realistic headlights is to model it like in real life. But you have to start somewhere so not the worst ive seen. Lol

Will Gibbons

Quote from: syrom on December 03, 2015, 05:26:58 PM
Key to realistic headlights is to model it like in real life. But you have to start somewhere so not the worst ive seen. Lol

Thanks, and this isn't my model anyway, so I can't take credit for that.

Josh3D

Wish I had a good headlight model to share with ya. I think Richard was working on one at one time. Could always hit up Mr. Feher :)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Josh Mings on December 08, 2015, 07:18:43 AM
Wish I had a good headlight model to share with ya. I think Richard was working on one at one time. Could always hit up Mr. Feher :)

Not a bad idea. I'd hate to bother the guy, but maybe I will. I could just look online for headlight models that could be used though. Didn't think of that!