LIBRARY MATERIAL EDIT

Started by mertmg, December 07, 2015, 06:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertmg

Hi folks,

i`m really gearing up with KS6 PRO nowadays. but i have an annoying problems. if anyone knows how to deal with it it would be great. i`ve created several materials in KS6 and after a while i wanted to change specifications of the materials such as specular colour or refraction index etc. i can only edit material with clicking on a active part. it would be so good if i can directly click on icon on the library and edit and save it and assign that material.  at the moment i`m editing assigned material and saving it to library with a different name and than i delete old one and rename the latest one to replace it. I`m sure it is not that hard to ptu this function in. if this function exists it would be great if anyone can tell me how to do it.

mertmg

is this real? nobody knows how to proceed to this simple task! :(
i hope we can have it on next update....

TpwUK

Sadly there is no way of editing a material unless it's applied to an object. However, there is the Material Ball scene which you can open to create/edit your material, but you will still have same problem when it comes to saving what you have created. I have often said that KS needs a dedicated material editor as a stand alone app for those of us who like developing textures and materials.

Martin

Will Gibbons

Quote from: TpwUK on December 13, 2015, 07:11:46 AM
Sadly there is no way of editing a material unless it's applied to an object. However, there is the Material Ball scene which you can open to create/edit your material, but you will still have same problem when it comes to saving what you have created. I have often said that KS needs a dedicated material editor as a stand alone app for those of us who like developing textures and materials.

Martin

That's a great idea. Would love to see that.

mertmg