RealFlow KeyShot Mesh Sequence Import

Started by DJ_Dhrub, September 12, 2017, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Dhrub

Is there anyway I can import RealFlow mesh sequence into KeyShot? I am using RealFlow with Maya and want to render in KeyShot.

guest84672

You can export to an alembic file from Maya, and then import this file in to KeyShot 7, play it back, and render it out.

DJ_Dhrub

Well I am able to import files from RealFlow as Alembic mesh. But the same doesnt work from Maya. Whenever I try to import the same file from maya as Alembic cache KeyShot shows error.

guest84672

This is the exact same geometry? The only difference is going through Maya?

DJ_Dhrub

Yes it is the exact same Geometry. But fortunately I have found a solution to this problem. It seems that Maya 2014 alembic isn't supported in KeyShot but using Maya 2018 I was able to import alembic from Maya.
One more thing is to mention there is some kind of scaling issue while working with alembic in KeyShot, The Scale is out of sync completely regardless how it was in Maya or RealFlow, manually fixing the scaling doesn't help either because the changes in scaling is random. This is very annoying issue. i think its a bug which needs to be addressed properly otherwise what is the point of alembic support.

hstokholm

Do you have an example alembic file from maya 2014 you can share? And perhaps another showing the scale issue?

DJ_Dhrub

Yes I do. I will Attach 4 screenshot later today from RealFlow, Maya 2018, Maya 2014 and from KeyShot itself. Check then.