Script for rendering deformable meshes

Started by hstokholm, December 10, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennisvolkerts

Quote from: thomasteger on June 23, 2016, 05:45:28 PM
what version of KeyShot are you using? Make sure that you are on the latest version 6.2.85. It was just released.

I tried the latest version after you said.
But now some materials I assinged at the first frame changes in other materials.
damn... already try to get my animation to render for 2 days.
And even now it stops at 6 frames or so.... ( no crash just an error that I need to reinstall keyshot and that it cant import abc files) after restart keyshot.. its fine again for some frames..

is there a shotcut for script console running script?

...ohh wait, after getting everything in the que i get another error... after hitting ''Process Que'' just after update. : Cannot load library luxrender.so

EDIT:
I finaly after alot of crashes made it.

LayC42

This dancing granny is so good. It's amazing!

TpwUK

Excellent result Dennisvolkerts - May I ask how you got the materials to remain across frames as I have this issue with my script and i can't find another way round the problem ?

Martin

dennisvolkerts

Quote from: TpwUK on July 01, 2016, 06:29:41 AM
Excellent result Dennisvolkerts - May I ask how you got the materials to remain across frames as I have this issue with my script and i can't find another way round the problem ?

Martin
I had the same problem. Had to rerender the eyes and composit it on top with a clowpass.

Sometimes its better to begin from scratch and save the materials you used in the library to apply it again in the new scene

First i imported the whole scene as abc file... but its also better to only import the deformable mesh in the abc and import the enviroment as a different obj.

Cheers

philw

Hi all - chanced upon this whilst looking for a C4D export to Keyshot animation and working well - many thanks. However, I would like transparent PNGs like I can check in the standard render dialogue...am I missing something or is there something I can add to the script to enable it?

Cheers!

bdesign

philw

Quote from: philw on August 03, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
Hi all - chanced upon this whilst looking for a C4D export to Keyshot animation and working well - many thanks. However, I would like transparent PNGs like I can check in the standard render dialogue...am I missing something or is there something I can add to the script to enable it?

Cheers!

After doing some tests I found that having the alpha transparency option ticked in the render dialogue actually works for the script, even though not seemingly part of the process. Result!

DriesV

Here are two revisions of the script.
They provide the ability to update multiple Alembic models in one scene. They also have options for render passes/layers and you can specify an output folder.

The difference between the two scripts lies in how import is handled. One script allows browsing individual Alembic files (up to 4, but number can be changed inside the script), the other automatically loads all Alembic files that are contained in a folder.

Have fun!  :)

Dries

philw

JMAHIEDDINE

Thanks DriesV. Is it the same script as the obj sequence one you did ?
If no, what is the best option in your opinion, to import a clean animation with deformation in keyshot?

Thanks,
Cheers,
John

dennisvolkerts

Quote from: DriesV on August 05, 2016, 10:35:13 AM
Here are two revisions of the script.

Im gonna try it. I have one question.
I mentioned on the first script, that while it is rendering my que it also was still rendering my first main frame. Is that solved in the NEW ones?
Or is it possible? thnx

Niko Planke

Hey Dennis.

That issue should be resolved in the latest KeyShot 6 version (6.2.105)
Can you please Check for updates and try again?

dennisvolkerts

Quote from: Niko Planke on September 20, 2016, 07:42:59 AM
Hey Dennis.

That issue should be resolved in the latest KeyShot 6 version (6.2.105)
Can you please Check for updates and try again?

Thnx!!! it worked. :)
Another two realy importend things,
-it doesnt always update the animations ( its still a bit buggy ) sometimes I render for hours and I only see the first frame with camera animations.
-Another and the most horrified thing: it doesnt save any files sometime..

Artur

Hi Guys.

Do This scripts works in the OSX version of Keyshot?