How to achieve plain white background?

Started by Stilltime, December 17, 2015, 01:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stilltime

The company I work for has lightly used KeyShot 5/6 the past ~2 years and one thing that has come up time to time when doing a technical sheet is having a front and top view of our product over a plain white background.

Currently in KeyShot 6, my Backplate is White (not White Vignette), and when it renders there is still a vignette around the border?  When this is placed over a white background you see the outline of the vignette...  It's probably a simple question, and I'm guessing one to do with the lighting but I cannot place the answer.  Any help?

Thanks,

Chris C.

HaroldL

Check on the Image Tab and expand Effects, that's where you'll find the Vignetting adjustment. Slide Vignetting Strength down to zero and/or Uncheck Effects.
Also, try rendering out your image in a format the lets you include transparency, TIFF or PNG are two that do.

Hope this was helpful.

Stilltime

Effects was unchecked with Vignette at 0, but I will try a different format, thanks!

I think I found the main issue, the "White" backplate has a vignette to it and isn't solid white.  By switching the "Color" instead of "Backplate Image" and choosing white the vignette disappears.

Thanks,

Chris C.