Viscous fluid example

Started by LM6, December 15, 2015, 03:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

Here is a little viscous fluid clip rendered in Keyshot 6 via an Alembic cache file
The simulation is far from being perfect but you get the idea what can now be done in Keyshot 6

Apologies for the 14 meg .mp4 file

https://youtu.be/lQMW3iZOqtY

TpwUK

Animation is pretty good LM6 - Behaves like mercury to me :)

Martin

richardfunnell

That is easily one of my absolute favorite animations ever :D Super cool!

How the heck are you controlling the color change on the liquid? It looks like the KS sphere is affecting it, very well done :)

theAVator

Super cool animation!
Idk, maybe it's just me but this reminds me of being younger and taking a big spoonful of Jell-o and swishing it around in my mouth. It starts to get runny, but there's all those gelatinous blobs in it still. I suppose could test the theory: get some orange jell-o, and 3D printed KS sphere....

Josh3D

Thanks for sharing this Peter! (Added the Youtube video embed.)

Justin M

Nice! Did you render this with the script editor? or does KS import Alembic fluid sequences so you can scrub through the timeline?

Will Gibbons

Wooah, this is fantastic. Great choice in materials, colors and finish. Love it.

LM6

Thanks... glad you chaps like it.

Its actually a WIP that i started working on during the beta period but i didn't get round to finishing it.

It would be nice to say i used a fancy trick to control the material but i didn't, its just one of the new advanced plastic materials called 'Shiny Cloudy Plastic' with the Diffuse Transmission set to an orange colour, also, i didn't use any GI,  I think it looks really nice on the liquid.

I rendered it via the script editor, Keyshot does not load complete  Alembic cache files so scrubbing isn't possible.

Josh, you should have said, I could have provided a full 1080p high quality version if I had known you were going to drop it on the Keyshot You Tube channel, that .mp4 was fairly compressed already.

Cheers

Peter