Main Menu

Splattered hinges

Started by DriesV, December 15, 2015, 08:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Gearing up for the webinar on Thursday. :)
No post.

Dries

Artur

Looking forward to see the workflow for this project.

Esben Oxholm

Cool stuff...
Looking forward to see how the color to number node affects the material :)

Justin M

Looks Good!!

DriesV

Just for fun.
A TRON hinge. ;D

All KeyShot.

Dries

Will Gibbons

Dang. Can't wait to see this! Awesome Dries!

DriesV

And then this happens if you replace the Metal base in the original scene with Emissive. :)

Dries

TpwUK

hmmm freaky - but i like it :)

Martin

LM6

Nice, this is getting interesting, i missed the beginning of last weeks webinar so just watched it again on You Tube, I like the way you created the edge damage.

Peter

DriesV

Quote from: LM6 on December 16, 2015, 12:54:01 AM
Nice, this is getting interesting, i missed the beginning of last weeks webinar so just watched it again on You Tube, I like the way you created the edge damage.

Peter

Peter,
The labeling of materials is indeed very powerful. In tomorrow's webinar I will show how you can take things to the next level by using the Material Graph.
It's all about adding more definition, detail and finer control.

Dries

LM6

iam looking forward to picking up some new tips from you, I love the look of the hinge with the emissive material, that type of thing in conjunction with the Alembic cache features  could work very well.

Despot

Love them Dries... very cool (or hot depending on the render ;)

I especially like the 'Tron' one...

For the emissive one, have you tried controlling the diffuse swatch with a .HDR ?, even more cool results can be achieved

J

timb

Can you post the files so we can download them?  I watched the webinar, but I'm having issues replicating the results.

Thx,

Tim