Weird Lines in Render Using Save to Layers

Started by Robb63, March 18, 2016, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I was showing a colleague how KS could render to separate layers and noticed some weird lines on one of the layers. I rendered the part after this with "save to layers" unchecked and there were no issues with the weird lines.

Any ideas what may be causing this. I've attached all I can show since it's an unreleased product.

Chad Holton

Hm... not sure what would cause that. I assume you are using the latest release?

Robb63

Tried the same render again (twice) could not duplicate the issue. Odd!?

Yep, using 6.1.72 (I think that's the latest?)

Chad Holton

Yep, that's the latest. I tried to reproduce on my end as well, without luck. I'll keep an eye out for it. Let us know if you run across it again and steps on how to recreate.

Thanks,
Chad

DMerz III

I've encountered these lines in the past myself, usually when there's a white material or label. It seems to happen randomly.

Niko Planke

My latest investigations on this revealed this being caused by having a background matching the models edge color.
For instance a white Cube on a white Background.

Also it will only appear if the advanced rendering mode including transparency of some kind is used.
The best trick to select a background color with a higher contrast compared to the model, or use maximum samples/time mode.

Robb63

That makes sense, I had a white background in that scene even though it was set to save as a .png with transparency. Thanks!