can't download from Cloud?

Started by J.B., January 12, 2016, 11:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.B.

I was able to successfully register and access the cloud and saw all the great items on there. But when I went to download one (any one of them) I immediately get a new page with an error of:

"The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (keyshotcloud) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address. "

Any ideas?

TpwUK

Just to clear a couple of things here ...

What version are you using to access the KeyShot Cloud with ?
Are you trying to access the content via  your web browser directly ?

I just tested here with KS6.1 beta and had no problems

Martin

J.B.

Hi Martin,

I am using version 4.3.18 64bit.

TpwUK

Sorry JB, as far as i know the KeyShot Cloud can only interface directly with KS5 and above, and a lot of the new materials on there will be KS6 only :/

Martin

J.B.

So basically my post from August 2014 where i said " So If I only have Keyshot 4 and you told everyone to no longer place materials and textures here, but on the cloud, will I no longer have access to any of them?"
And the response was "According to https://cloud.keyshot.com/ they should soon be available online as well.
Now the question is how long 'soon' is?"

And Keyshot gave absolutely no further response, meaning to me, that this response was accurate and all that I needed.

Now, since the cloud materials are apparently only available to those who have version 5 or above, where can I find all the materials that worked with version 4?

And why would you make the materials version specific? (other than pure greed)

jhiker

How come you're still using v4? A lot has happened since then....

J.B.

Doesn't it cost to upgrade?   :-\

richardfunnell

Hi J.B.,

Are there any KeyShot 4 specific materials you're looking for? You can always re-install the software using the full installer if you're missing some from the original KS4 library.

Materials from newer versions won't work with older versions of KeyShot since the features simply aren't there to support them. Roughness textures, for example, were only added in KS6 and therefore won't translate to KS4 or KS5. Same goes for features such as occlusion or materials on labels; if they're required by the material, there's no way to get it in earlier versions.

We do offer upgrade pricing and annual maintenance (which includes upgrades and new releases for one year) in order to make upgrading easier, but will no longer develop assets for previous KeyShot versions. If you have any questions about upgrading send an email to sales@luxion.com

J.B.

I was merely looking for extra options, nothing specific.

When I started out with Keyshot, you had a specific portion in the forum for extra materials that people had developed and it was great. Then, you decided to start the "cloud" which only benefits those on maintenance contracts with the latest software. All those extra materials just disappeared for the rest of us not fortunate enough to be blessed with financially being able to keep upgrading this software, or for other reasons, don't feel the need, as it doesn't improve on it enough to justify the added costs to the budget, since the software is excellent as it sits at their current version. So it would seem to me that removing that from the forum was a tactical choice to increase revenue, with little to no regard for us others.

Why would you not have a partitioned cloud where the materials could be in version specific folders? What did you do with all the previous version user made custom materials?

noei

I'm using version6 and I can't download materials from cloud either. Bummer.

br3ttman

Same here.  I'm on a Mac/Safari browser trying to download  some Moldtech Textures for an assignment I've got due next week.  I'm able to connect to the cloud just fine, but when I select "download" for a material I get "Do you want to allow this page to open "KeyShotCloudHandler"?".  I then select "Allow" but then nothing happens.

TpwUK

Agreed - Spent one and a half hours this morning trying different combinations of browsers and content blockers and ad blockers along with vanilla Chrome & Safari browsers. This is now busted for me too...

• KeyShot preferences says not connected to the Cloud Library even when it is
  • Safari shows no difference in behaviour with or without ad blocking, same applies for secure browsing or anonymous browsing etc. The only suggestion of interactivity comes from security and Flash settings that shows cloud.keyshot.com as off, so changed that to on, no difference.
  • Since it showed up in Flash security settings I also added the cloud handler folder  to the developers tools trusted location settings and again this has made no difference.
  • I also added cloud.keyshot.com to the websites allowed to use storage on this computer, again no difference.
  • Tried adding keyshot_cloud_handler to the macOS firewall and no difference again.
KeyShot Version 6.3.19
Safari Version 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)
macOS version 10.12.2 running on a Hackintosh Pro 5,1 with true Apple SIP settings (theses are not the default clover settings)

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Hmm... I have problems as well.
Have no problem to login, but when clicking on a download button nothing happens at all.

I'm not sure, but I suspect that behavior changed when upgrading to 6.3
It usually works fine.

CARUS

any updates on this problem ?? Still not able to download from the cloud since KS 6.3 ...

Chad Holton

Try dragging the cloud resource to the KeyShot library's relevant folder. If the problem persist, please contact our support team: support@luxion.com