Emissive material gives white grain spots

Started by mronnelin, October 21, 2013, 01:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mronnelin

Hi!

What am I doing wrong here or am I missing some setting? I keep getting these white grains all over my render.

thanks!

Speedster

This is a known issue that the Luxion Team is working on.  See the Forum page http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=6837.msg32661#new
Bill G

Justin Desilva

Windows 7 64
KeyShot 5.2.10
SolidWorks 2013

My renderings were suffering from a similar problem when using the "Area Light 100W Neutral" at 0.00001 watts. (I'm not sure why I have to adjust the watts this low but this will remain a separate discussion.)

Regarding the white spots and pixels, my scenes include a variety of materials and experimenting and modifying each material would require a lot of time and I'm still not certain if "all" white spots would be removed. When experimenting with the illumination settings I discovered turning off "Visible in reflections" removed all white spots from the renderings. This may or may not work for your scenes but it did with mine.

tmiron

I'm having the same problem in Keyshot 6. Turning off "Visible in reflections" doesn't help. Neither does changing plastics to Matte Paint.  Anyone find a solution?

KeyShot