Light noise in render

Started by Retell, November 18, 2013, 07:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retell

Hello all,

I have seen half a dozen of these posts, but none seem to have any replies, hoping someone could help clear this up this time around. Using area light material, I am getting particles in the render. Even after trying many different settings in the render. Can anyone "shed some light" pardon the pun, on this problem?

reprosteve

yes I would like to know what causes this also.

Speedster

+ everybody on the forum.  It's driving me nuts.  Emissive, IES, etc.  Seems to be highly material specific.
Bill G

Y.Lange

A guess would be that it is just some light shining in between your geometry on to another part.
Light is a very hard and complex thing to calculate.
The fact that it is noisy is just because it would need more time to properly calculate that minimum amount of light shining through that small gap.
It should improve the longer you let it run.

Just look at your realtime render, let it bake for a couple of minutes (and turn of the auto-pause) and take a look, without touching your mouse.
Late it continue baking and take a look another couple of minutes later.
If the noise is less, its just the rendered light. If it is the same, there might be something wrong.

I would start playing with the sample amount of the light materials and the overall amount of passes.

Hope this helps

Speedster

Happens with both full blown renders and realtime renders.  I've baked images for two hours on 32 cores with no effect.
Bill G