Network rendering; Software updates

Started by DonChunior, May 23, 2012, 03:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonChunior

Yeah, today we received the network rendering software!

But, how do customers get informed about updates of the network rendering software?

If there comes out an update, is an update installer available? Or is it always the complete package itself and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled on each client (time-consuming)?

Regarding version compatibility, is there a special dependance between KeyShot software and network rendering software? Or does a new KeyShot version always have a new network rendering version?

Thanks and regards, DonChunior

guest84672

Hi DonChunior,

Eventually we will have an update notification that will auto-update the current install. For now, you will need to install updates on every machine. There is hop need to uninstall, though.

DonChunior

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply!

As first step I'd suggest, that you create a new forum board (maybe called "Latest version of KeyShot Network Rendering" or something like that) in the category "Software Updates".

What do you think about that?

Regards, DonChunior

guest84672

DonChunior

DonChunior

DonChunior

Please add a forum board called "Latest version of KeyShot Network Rendering", where new updates get listed ...  :-\

DonChunior

jt_pedersen

For KeyShot 5 and KeyShot 6 there is an update check function that also works on network rendering, in the Queue it is possible to "Help"->"Check for updates" which will check if there is a newer version and provide a download link.

DonChunior

Quote from: jt_pedersen on November 27, 2015, 06:20:33 AM
For KeyShot 5 and KeyShot 6 there is an update check function that also works on network rendering, in the Queue it is possible to "Help"->"Check for updates" which will check if there is a newer version and provide a download link.

I know, but because of security/firewall enterprise guidelines, I can't use the update functionality.
I always need to ask Luxion, if there's a new version and if they can send me the direct download links.
I don't understand, why Luxion "hides" the download links and does not post them in the forum?!  ???

DonChunior

Finally the installer of Network Rendering is available on the general downloads page: https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/
Thanks, KeyShot team!  :)