Environment and backplate editing in the Material Graph

Started by Metin Seven, January 25, 2016, 02:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metin Seven

Hi,

I'm a Material Graph aficionado, and would love to be able to edit the environment and backplates in there as well.

If that would be possible, you could easily fine-tune environment HDRI's and backplates using the available Material Graph nodes. It would also enable you to connect an adjustment node to both an environment image and a backplate image, so for example changing a desaturation setting will change the saturation of both the used environment image and the backplate image.

Further possible uses would include changing the hue of HDRI images, combining multiple HDRI images to create a new mix, and much more.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Metin

DMerz III

To piggyback onto this request with the HDRI editor. Would be super helpful if I could "mirror horizontally' my entire .HDZ environment.

If all of the pins could "flip" on the horizontal and/or vertical axis, that'd be super helpful. Especially when I am doing 3/4 views on either side and would like to make the lighting similar. Can't do this by rotating the environment  when I am using an asymmetrical environment. (Left light would stay left of the camera).

If this can't be done, my next request would be to make pin lights have coordinates. That way I can numerically adjust the position of my pin, instead of trying to move it slightly left/right/up/down with my cursor.

Thanks!

Metin Seven

Nice addition, thanks. A new utility node in the Material Graph offering non-destructive image manipulation options such as flipping, displacing, scaling and rotating would be very welcome.

KeyShot

Metin Seven

DMerz III

Noticed with the new 6.1 HDRI editor, you now have Azimuth & Inclination for pins, this along with half pins is an excellent addition! So helpful to have, thank you so much developers!

:)