Animations just disappeared. Rad.

Started by cash68, February 02, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cash68

So I have a hugely important animation due tomorrow; the rendering just finished so I was going to review the animation, but it's gone.  Vanished.  I don't mess with custom destinations, always used the same default folder.  This isn't anything new, or different, but everything is gone.  I tried searching my hard drive for the file, no dice.  It's like it never existed.  The only evidence is the animation folder shows last modified a few minutes ago, but there is nothing in there from today.  WTF. 

TpwUK

You say it's just finished, is it busy compressing the video ?

Martin

cash68

Nope.  Waited 5 minutes.  Then did another short animation, that one showed up and compressed instantly.  But two logner ones, poof, gone, nothing, zero, zilch.

TpwUK

Ouch! That's bad ... If you have the space do it again with save frames hopefully that will see you through until you hear something from KS. Other than that I don't know what to advise

Martin

cash68

Well it worked a few more times, and the last time it made all the frames but the .mov file is unplayable/corrupt/fucked.  This is due today.  FUCK.

theAVator

Do you have access to any other video software?

Shitty workaround, but if it at least output the frames, you could use something like Premiere or AfterEffects to stitch those together and output you .mov or other video file. Heck, windows media or iMovie might do it as well (don't quote me on it though).

Otherwise try saving to a different video format and then using something like Format Factory to convert it to .mov if that's your desired output (assuming the other format turns out valid and working)  :-\

TpwUK

Quote from: cash68 on February 03, 2016, 11:13:29 AM
Well it worked a few more times, and the last time it made all the frames but the .mov file is unplayable/corrupt/fucked.  This is due today.  FUCK.

Well at least you have the frames, if you have any video editing suite/software at least you can rescue the situation, possibly earn overtime too. Are you on Apple or Windows ?

Martin