EPDM foam materiale problem

Started by anders smith, February 25, 2016, 11:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anders smith

I don't find any foams in the library and I'm sure I'm not the only one using them, so maybe there is something obvious I'm missing...

Any suggestions as to how to achieve an open cell EPDM foam structure with bump?
The holes in the foam are quite large and the bump is therefore very dominant...

thanks
anders

TpwUK

You could achieve this with UV mapping and using a diffuse map of the foam where the edges of the material have a bumpy finish with transparency and a Normals map for the bump. Otherwise it has to be done with displacement baked into the model.

Martin

oaknash

Quote from: TpwUK on February 26, 2016, 03:03:38 AM
You could achieve this with UV mapping and using a diffuse map of the foam where the edges of the material have a bumpy finish with transparency and a Normals map for the bump. Otherwise it has to be done with displacement baked into the model.

Martin

Can you expand a bit more on your advice? I'm also trying to create this material (a Scotchbrite pad) and I'm confused as to where to begin. I'm running KS5, and I'm at a loss as to which material to start building on...? Thanks in advance!

Artur

I am using foam materials as well.

Some advice on this matter would be welcomed.