What about oxidized cavity ? Jewerly inside.

Started by MaloneXI, February 08, 2016, 07:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaloneXI

Hi all,

As I really like skull rings, and this kind of jewerly, I've decided to make one by myself.

For those who don't know these rings,  here is a shot:

As you can see, once the ring is sculpted, a kind of chemical product is applied to the ring , to make this "ancient metal" look.

So.
I didn't know how to create one easily through a 3D software. I decided to learn more about Zbrush.
I modeled one. I didn't understand uvmapping through Zbrush. But some of its options looks great , like the cavity mapping. A process that could help me to make this kind of oxidized material.

But, in the same time , Keyshot 6 was out :) And with it , the curved material or the occulsion one, that can make the same kind of render.

But. Because there is always a "but", when I'm trying to fill in the cavities of the mesh, the black color I chose is shiny like the metal.

What I would want to do , is make this black material matte. Note shiny.

I don't know if it's possible. Can somebody help ?

You have to know , before all , that the mesh , is not UVmappes. There are no uv coordonates...

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: MaloneXI on February 08, 2016, 07:11:45 AM
What I would want to do , is make this black material matte. Note shiny.

I don't know if it's possible. Can somebody help ?
Hi MaloneXI.
It is certainly doable. Either by roughness mapping or by layering two materials using the curvature material as an opacity map.

Also, take a look at the material called 'Plata Oxidada' in the KS Cloud. I think it does pretty much what you are asking for.

MaloneXI

Hey !

Thanx for the answer. I try all I can to obtain the result I need.

But it is the plata oxyda. Modified but same root.