Running KeyShot6 through command line (terminal)?

Started by SebMorales, April 03, 2016, 11:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebMorales

Hi,
I am trying to do an animation where the geometry (mesh) is in constant transformation and would like to render it with KeyShot. The animation is done in Processing and I am able to export an obj into KeyShot but I can't figure out how to do anything else.

I tried following the instructions here (http://keyshot.com/scripting/doc/6.1/quickstart.html) without much success.

"3. Running KeyShot on the command-line: keyshot6.exe (optional file to open) -script <python script file> (optional script arguments..)"

I have a mac so what I was trying was actually:  ./keyshot6 -script/test.py inside the appropriate folder, keyshot opens but nothing else happens.

The only way I could get Keyshot to import a file was by forcing a file to open with keyshot (open -a keyshot6 name.obj), but this isn't very helpful when trying to render many frames.

Also, for some reason my "Scripting Console" option is grayed out , that is why I am trying form the command line.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Morten Kristensen

Hello Seb,

You can only use scripting with a Pro license unfortunately, which i why it is greyed out.

If you had a Pro license then you can run via CLI like this:
/Applications/KeyShot6.app/Contents/MacOS/keyshot6 -script /path/to/your/script.py

Hope that helps :)

SebMorales

Ahhh.. I was afraid that would be the case having the edu license. Do you know if there is some kind of beta I could sign up for to get access to the scripting console?

Morten Kristensen

Hello Seb,

Unfortunately we don't take in more testers right now due to the current phase of development.

Sorry