Switching to orthographic mid-shot

Started by philw, February 09, 2016, 05:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philw

Hi all - I have a camera path/zoomy animation that was fine but now the client has specified that the end shot merges in seamlessly with the next scene which is an orthographic cutaway of a device. I would like to switch to an orthographic version of the camera at a sneaky point that isn't that noticeable during the animation so I can end up at the correct last frame.

Any ideas? I think I'm not quite getting the knack of camera switch points - as when I switch, my animations on the previous camera stop...so is my only way to plot the remainder of the paths and zooms etc as new animations on the second (ortho) camera?

Any cleverness greatly appreciated. Apologies that I can't share the actual file which would make life easier...NDAs and all that...

Many thanks

TpwUK

Render both video streams then use something like After Effects to blend/cross fade into the other animation. There are cheaper alternatives to AE though, and you could probably get a thirty day trial of most to try.

Martin

philw

Thanks Martin,

Yep - doing the final compositions in AE so was thinking I'd have to frig it  – just convince myself there must be a way within Keyshot  :)