Main Menu

Kitchen Test

Started by Tetsuoo, February 09, 2016, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuoo

Hi guys, sorry for the dumb title :D
I call this done for now. Did this last render yesterday, the modeling took me 2-3 days. Maybe 4, I can barely say what day it is, I'm tired x)
But happy. Maybe needs even more translucency on the corn.
Share your thoughts guys !

TpwUK

I did corn during the beta testing phase of version 6 and it's a royal pain in the asp! I found i had to use a gradient shader and translucency to get anywhere near. I can't offer any real tips other than having to mess with sliders to get the finish you want. But any changes in lighting or camera angles and it's back to the sliders again. Like a say, a royal pain!

Martin

Josh3D

This looks really good. Congrats. Could use some context, maybe a different backdrop, but sounds like you're over this one :)

Tetsuoo

Thanks guys for the support I appreciate it :)
I'm spending a bit more time to find out the pixellation problem on some part, I guess that's because I used Max Samples mode, if I'm not wrong it's using realtime rendering mode and there's no control on the antialiasing.
As you can see here, Zbrush is different. Zbrush doesn't care about that x)

TpwUK

You can also get jaggies like this if you are using a low resolution HDRi, are you using a custom one or a stock standard KS one ?

Martin

Tetsuoo

Ohhh I didn't think of that, it's 2K HDRI from Keyshot, yeah maybe it's too low I will try right away thanks ^^

Edit: okay... it's not the HDRI :(