Metalsculptures - previz

Started by VISEone, February 09, 2016, 07:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VISEone

Here are some new rendered images of my metalsculptures previz.

Backplates are images I took.

Justin M

I like the sculpture, maybe find a more suitable backplate where you would actually see something like this.

Despot

Hey there

Are you the guy who does Vinyl toys ? I'm thinking the Zombie Juice Tube Monster ?

J

VISEone

Hey Despot - yes that's me  :D
Stopped working on toys some while ago - but I never say never...

@Justin: Thanks! Well the backplates work for me since this is an old ironwork where the URBAN ART BIENNALE was exhibited last year and one of my sculptures was exhibited in this show.
I like the contrast of a shiny surface and an abandoned backround.
But I also do previz in a studio setup so you do not get distracted from the environment.

Speedster

Well, I like your backplates!  There's a foundry (Shidoni) here in Santa Fe, New Mexico, that has the same "look", only less industrial.  They do a lot of steel fabrication as well as bronze casting.

I especially like your designs!  KeyShot is a great way to preview a piece for a prospective client.  I did one of my own sculptures some time ago, in a similar environment.  No sale yet, but I keep hoping!

How about trying a corten steel?

Bill G

Despot

Quote from: VISEone on February 19, 2016, 12:42:54 PM
Hey Despot - yes that's me  :D
Stopped working on toys some while ago - but I never say never...

Cool, thought it was you :) - I'm the guy who provided the previz MatCaps you used, you gave me a shout-out on the Zombie Juice packaging and very kindly sent me one - but unfortunately it was stolen... Grrr!!!

Anyway, nice to see you here :) if you need anything, you can always reach out to me

J

VISEone

@despot Hey that's cool! Hope you are well! Still use your matcaps here and there before I switch to keyshot now. You can send me a PM with your adress and I'll make sure you will get another one.

@speedster Yes, I already did one in corten (downloaded the material in the keyshot cloud)- will post it later...   this sculpture was actually also made in corten and I never had the chance to make some nice photoshots...

My workflow is usually to make a previz in 3D - then if the design made it to a final sculpture I again use keyshot to render out some nice images - since it is always hard to take decent images of the sculptures with a camera.
In keyshot I can easily adjust everything to my needs and have the photostudio just a click away.
The only downpart is that some people think all sculptures are 3D rendered images - so from time to time I need to show wips or images from a show.

Will Gibbons

This is cool, and for some reason, it made me think of title sequences. You could render out some type and do a simple animation and then composite it with a background scene. Could look pretty cool. *Note to self... give this a shot*