Glenlivet XXV - Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Started by Martin Kamminga, February 13, 2016, 05:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Kamminga

Thanks Esben, gonna check it out! :)

Quote from: Neo on February 16, 2016, 03:24:05 PM
WOW! Great render martin! definitely the best bottle render i've ever seen! really great...for the bump maps of the paper did you used the keyshot's standard normal map?( paper_normal.png, black metal, gold metal)

Thank you!! :-) It was a combination of both custom- and keyshot maps. The paper texture was a combination of a custom map and keyshot's cellular texture. (I updated the material graph image because I noticed I uploaded an older version..)

Despot

Arn

The render looks great. If done properly, a render does not just show an object, but allows you to almost feel the material. This is one of those renders that really achieves that well.

Martin Kamminga

Quote from: Despot on February 20, 2016, 06:21:04 AM
Superb material work Martin :)

Thank a lot Despot :)

Quote from: Arn on February 20, 2016, 08:13:32 AM
The render looks great. If done properly, a render does not just show an object, but allows you to almost feel the material. This is one of those renders that really achieves that well.

Thank you for the compliment :-)

JGulliford

A bit late to the party but WOW, this is fantastic!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you use the extreme blur images for? Is that what gives you a bevelled look to your bump map?

Also did you use the 'sync' tool to keep your diffuse and bump aligned? I'm having to align them manually as the sync doesn't appear to do what I'd like it to do.

Cheers!
James

DMerz III

imikej

This is a fantastic job.  Super believable.  Congratulations!  Bottles and labels are super tough.