Standard Powdercoat finishes and Sharing Materials

Started by riflemano311, December 15, 2010, 08:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riflemano311

I am a new user to Keyshot 2 and noticed some posts on here about sharing materials.  Does anyone have a good library of colors and materials they would share or make available.  I use a lot of standard Powder coat colors and metallic powder coat as well.  I am interested in any custom finishes or materials to stock my library with.    I appreciate the forum and all of the helpful information found here.  I appreciate the quickness from the staff in answering questions.  Thanks in advance.

JeffM

Please feel free to post up some sample images of the kinds of finishes you need and we'll be happy to help create them or add them to our libraries.

riflemano311

Thanks Jeff,  there are too many colors we need, but I have a link here to show you what we use.  These are the color charts for the powder we use.  The colors we mainly use as standard are from the Metallic chart, RAL exterior.  The colors don't look so hot on my monitors, but if you request the charts from them, they will send them to you.  not a big deal, I can start making them as I go.  I am still interested in any materials that anyone would like to share.  Thanks

http://www.tiger-coatings.us/index.php?id=1295

Speedster

Powdercoats and other subtle textures can be a challenge!  Here's a trick that may help.  I use an inexpensive app called FilterForge to create textures (and bumps if needed, but KS does this for you now) from color "samples" I create in Photoshop as jpegs.  Visit www.filterforge.com for more info.  You can download gillions of user-created filters, or get really dirty and create your own using the massive FF toolset.

Here's one I created in FilterForge and use a lot, and an image showing it used on the base of a depth gauge.

Good luck, and Jeff- PLEASE add powdercoats to our library!

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com