Rotating a triangle???

Started by austingraphics, February 26, 2016, 06:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austingraphics

I have an bracelet animation with a triangle. I need the triangle to rotate as if it is being used as a screwdriver (to remove a charm). Is there a way for me to apply the animation manually?

Esben Oxholm

Hi Austin.

Have you tried right-clicking the object in the scene tree --> animation --> rotation?

Best,

austingraphics

Here is the more descriptive problem I'm having. The object rotates, but not on the right axis. It twists forward or sideways but not in relationship to the bracelet or charm. In previous versions, you could manually type degrees for multiple axis to get just the right rotation. That functionality is gone in version 6. You can translate along multiple axis, but not so for rotation.

TpwUK

Set the pivot point to the screw, then animate :)

Martin

austingraphics

I do that and it rotates around the charm. I need it to spin on its center axis, not rotate around another object.

austingraphics

Can anyone open the file, attempt to resolve to see what I'm experiencing before replying?

TpwUK

Looked at it and it behaves very strange, it's as if the tool was modelled on an angle not planar with any axis of origin ... Bizarre and i have no idea on how to fix it either

Martin

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: TpwUK on February 27, 2016, 04:28:38 PM
Looked at it and it behaves very strange, it's as if the tool was modelled on an angle not planar with any axis of origin ... Bizarre and i have no idea on how to fix it either
That was my experience as well. Strange stuff.

@Austin: What software did you use for the modeling? And how is the model positioned in regards to the axis there?

austingraphics

Everything was modelled in Zbrush then decimated.

austingraphics

Thanks for taking a look. Perhaps I'll try unifying everything in Zbrush, then re-orienting everything in Keyshot before animating.

austingraphics

I got it! Thanks Esben Oxholm and TpwUK for taking a look! The issue was 1 of 2 things. 1 I went back into Zbrush and oriented all sybtools properly.
I thing the main problem occured whrn I grouped the items that I wanted to unscrew in Keyshot. That completely destroyed the linking to Zbrush, including X,Y,Z orientation.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: austingraphics on February 28, 2016, 06:03:09 AM
I got it! Thanks Esben Oxholm and TpwUK for taking a look! The issue was 1 of 2 things. 1 I went back into Zbrush and oriented all sybtools properly.
I thing the main problem occured whrn I grouped the items that I wanted to unscrew in Keyshot. That completely destroyed the linking to Zbrush, including X,Y,Z orientation.
Cool, great you were able to solve it.