Cinema4D
Keyshot
After Effects
RSMB

Esben Oxholm

Oh, nice.
Love the texture!

Hand-animated?

I think a groundplane with some details and a tiny bit of reflective surface will make this look even better... depends on the purpose and context of course :)

TpwUK

Nice work, agreeing with Esben regarding reflective ground pane though purely because the top looks as if it's skidding across the surface.

Which import method did you use, FBX, ABC, SeqObj ?

Martin

Justin M

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 25, 2016, 11:38:01 PM
Oh, nice.
Love the texture!

Hand-animated?

I think a groundplane with some details and a tiny bit of reflective surface will make this look even better... depends on the purpose and context of course :)

Thanks Esben. The only keyframed animation was from the geometry that forced the spin animation, the rest was dynamics in Cinema 4D.  I actually did a couple different versions for the client that had a textured surface with a bit of reflection, they ultimately settled on a pure white background. Gotta go with what the client wants  ;)

Justin M

Quote from: TpwUK on February 26, 2016, 02:47:44 AM
Nice work, agreeing with Esben regarding reflective ground pane though purely because the top looks as if it's skidding across the surface.

Which import method did you use, FBX, ABC, SeqObj ?

Martin

Thanks Martin, I baked the dynamics into keyframes and exported and FBX.

Justin M

Here's the reel that the animation now belongs to. Enjoy.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/156772471[/vimeo]

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Justin M on February 26, 2016, 09:12:42 AM
Quote from: Esben Oxholm on February 25, 2016, 11:38:01 PM
Oh, nice.
Love the texture!

Hand-animated?

Thanks Esben. The only keyframed animation was from the geometry that forced the spin animation, the rest was dynamics in Cinema 4D.  I actually did a couple different versions for the client that had a textured surface with a bit of reflection, they ultimately settled on a pure white background. Gotta go with what the client wants  ;)
Okay, cool.

Yeah, that's for sure :) Thanks for sharing. Looking great in that reel.