mapping surfaces in proE

Started by vickyp, December 20, 2010, 05:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vickyp

Can anyone tell me how exactly I should map these surfaces in pro engineer so that I can give them seperate colours in keyshot? I'm a new proE user and I don't understand what is being meant with mapping the surfaces and giving them a different colours. The whole object should'nt be merged or doesn't that matter? I now do this by breaking the object up in different pieces and saving them seperately and loading them seperately in KS, what is the shorter way?

thanks,

vicky

Chad Holton

Hi Vicky,

Change the colors of any surface in ProE you want to change in KeyShot. You can use primary colors (red, blue, green, etc.) or whatever, as long as it is different before bringing into KeyShot. Be sure to change the colors in part mode and not in the assembly. Also, use the plug-in if you aren't already. It makes life easier. Let me know if I need to go into more detail.

vickyp

Hello,

I've tried to do this, but it still doesn't work. I give the surfaces different colours with the color & appearance mode (under view), this works, but when Iimport them in keyshot, the colours shine through and when I apply a label or a colour you can still see the proE colour shining through. Am I working in the wrong mode? Is it possible to give me a detailed explanation that takes me through, step by step?

thanks,

vicky

Chad Holton

I think you are real close in getting your desired result but I can't figure out which step you are missing. Is there any way you can post a screenshot right after the model is brought into keyshot and then another after the materials are applied?

vickyp

hello,

i've put them in the attachment, the one is imported in proE, the other one is in a green felt as material (I can't assign different materials to the coloured surfaces.

thanks,

vicky

Chad Holton

It looks to me like you have multiple surfaces in the same spot. Almost like the parts are on top each other. If you right click on the surfaces (the color is shining through) on and hide it, you should fix the issue.
Or go back into proE and eliminate the duplicate pieces. Hope this helps and let us know if it fixes it or not.

vickyp

Hello,

thank you very much, I finally succeeded. The figure was build as a solid, I now turned it into a set of surfaces and it works!

thank you very much!

vicky