VR Animation Log

Started by Robb63, March 10, 2016, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

Is there a log, or someway that Keyshot lets the user know how long a complete VR animation took to render all of the frames?

Chad Holton

Not that I'm aware of but maybe try looking at what time the first image was completed compared to the last one.

Robb63

Thanks Chad, I don't know why that hadn't crossed my mind.  :)

Robb63

Just checked, all the frames have exactly the same "Date Created", and "Date Modified" time.

Chad Holton

Hm.. it was worth a shot.   ::) When rendering out the VR, it does show the times each was created but then "re-saves" them once completed. Maybe mark down when you start the VR and compare that to the completed time? Not idea, I know.  :-\

If you forget to mark down the exact start time, you can just check the VR temp folder as the VR is rendering out (that is, if you catch it in time).

theAVator

it seems to me that I posted a similar question or suggestion a while back about a log for the render queue containing similar details (and probably some other ones as well)... I think the responses back were centered mostly on there being a possibility of achieving it through some custom scripting.

I'm not much of a custom scripting person, so it wasn't all that helpful to me. But if you are, then maybe there could possibly be a way to create a script that  renders the frames and outputs a log of the info you need???

Robb63

Unfortunately I'm not much a scripting person either. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way, record the start time, then look at the file save time once the VR/animation is finished. I think that will give me the answer I need.