share material between keyshot and unity/unreal

Started by yutou, March 07, 2016, 12:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yutou

Hi,

I post a question maybe newbie but I cant find any answer other where: is it possible to share materials created in keyshot with game engines like unity or unreal? It's sure that we will not get the same rendering results because the rendering mechanism of keyshot and unity is quite different. Just curious about if there exists this possibility. Anyone can help me plz?

yutou

TpwUK

Quote from: yutou on March 07, 2016, 12:18:49 AM
Hi,

I post a question maybe newbie but I cant find any answer other where: is it possible to share materials created in keyshot with game engines like unity or unreal? It's sure that we will not get the same rendering results because the rendering mechanism of keyshot and unity is quite different. Just curious about if there exists this possibility. Anyone can help me plz?

If you mean procedural textures/materials then the answer is no, unless you do a render from an orthogonal view and then take the result into another app to then create bump, normals, specular etc etc.

If you mean the bitmapped textures, then you will find the bitmaps in your KS installation folder. I am not sure of the legalities involved with using the KS textures/materials via third party apps, so i would contact KS support to clear that up, especially if it's going to be a commercial product you are working on.

Martin

mertmg

It would be great if we can export KeyShot files as fbx so we can use them on unity engine. I don't think that KeyShot is ae to do this but I would pay for it as an addon

Livingstone

What I think Yotu would like to ask , please let me know if I misunderstood, is if keyshot have a function " render to texture " to bake material, bump, lighting all in a single map and then export all the 3D file in a fbx to reuse inside a game engine, Unity or others.
It is something I was trying to understand also.
Create shaders , positioning labels ect is really fast and easy with Keyshot and it would be really useful to be able to bake all in a single texture.
By the way for what I know it is not possible now .
Maybe it is something to add in the wishlist section of the forum.