Contemporary Bathroom Interior Scene

Started by richardfunnell, March 10, 2016, 06:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardfunnell

I had to get in on the interior rendering action, here's a model I built using SketchUp and rendered using KS6.1. The intent was to have a model lit primarily using physical lights, and trying to balance out the lighting so that little or no PS was needed. Thanks to Dries for some great help with the lighting :)

You can download the native SketchUp file and KeyShot Package here: https://www.keyshot.com/downloads/scenes/KeyShot_ModernBathroom.zip
Please feel free to try out your own variations and let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

joseph

Thanks for sharing this. I do have  a question though as the wireframe on the light shows up on my end. This just maybe on the screen render

LayC42

Quote from: joseph on March 10, 2016, 09:11:08 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I do have  a question though as the wireframe on the light shows up on my end. This just maybe on the screen render

Just hit the l key.

joseph

Now I know  :) Thanks
This took 2:00:30 to render at 400 dpi. I think it was set too high.

jhiker

[/quote]

Just hit the l key.
[/quote]

That's been bugging me for ages - thanks!

richardfunnell

Quote from: joseph on March 10, 2016, 11:32:18 PM

You're absolutely right, it was probably set too high. I set these in my queue and let them run overnight, so time wasn't an issue for me.

TpwUK

I am going to have a play with this once i have done modelling my Jeep ...

Martin

LayC42

Quote from: jhiker on March 11, 2016, 01:00:30 AM

Just hit the l key.
[/quote]

That's been bugging me for ages - thanks!
[/quote]

Often the little things....

joseph

Quote from: richardfunnell on March 11, 2016, 04:44:29 AM
Quote from: joseph on March 10, 2016, 11:32:18 PM

You're absolutely right, it was probably set too high. I set these in my queue and let them run overnight, so time wasn't an issue for me.
Is the 2:00:30 render time underwhelming? I am currently rendering the shot showing the 2 lavatories at the default 2560 x 2560 image size  set at 100dpi and see if it doesn't take that long on my hardware.

Thanks for this learning file.

joseph

This scene to create the .png file also took 2:00:20 at 2560 x 2560 at 100 dpi for the print size. The resolution determines the render time and dpi settings for print size doesn't add up to time spent. Maybe set to a jpeg file will match the file size from the original renders and probably cut rendering time also. I usually find jpeg with pixelated pattern while .png grainy when enlarge.

richardfunnell

Quote from: joseph on March 12, 2016, 04:10:41 AM
The resolution determines the render time and dpi settings for print size doesn't add up to time spent.
When using Maximum Time, you define the render time. The total time isn't controlled by the image size or render settings, but simply how much time you allow it to take. The results may vary depending on how long you let it take, usually more time means better quality (to a point). But using Maximum Time is very similar to letting the realtime window sit and render, you're simply the one who stops it after a set amount of time.

Quote from: joseph on March 12, 2016, 04:10:41 AMMaybe set to a jpeg file will match the file size from the original renders and probably cut rendering time also. .
This isn't true at all; the render time is the same regardless of the type of file you save. Choosing a PNG, JPG, TIFF, etc has NO effect on your render time, it's simply defining the type of image that is saved.

Again, to render this image in a shorter amount of time, simply choose less time under your Render Options.

If you're seeing grainy results, try increasing the amount of time, or the number of samples on the materials themselves.

joseph

:) Thanks again Richard. I was trying to balance the performance  and load consumption on my current hardware. 1:30:00 will do for the 2560 x 2560 and 2 hr - 5 hr scale beyond that resolution. This only applies to model setup and more complex will require more time. It gives now an idea. My current version of KeyShot 6 for IronCAD doesn't have the add to queue render or render on the background settings so I have to work smarter.  ::)  - rgrds 

Moog

Any way that you could share a file that I could load into keyshot 5.3?

joseph

This is the sketch up model saved in KS4. You may have to set the textures. Richard I hope you don't mind - regards

richardfunnell