Crash when browsing files

Started by MiniTigress, July 01, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniTigress

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
Keyshot Versions: 5.3.6, 6.2

Hi everyone

I downloaded the trial version of Keyshot to try it out since it looks pretty cool. It seems to install fine but whenever it asks for me to select a file using the windows file explorer it crashes after a few seconds as soon as the window appears. This happens on both 5.3.6 and 6.2

I have tried:
Disabling the Read only on the folder in Documents
Running as Admin
Updating Drivers
Installing those Microsoft Framework and Visual C++ things
Rebooting My Computer
Running in Compatibility Mode

I don't have a clue whats wrong

guest84672

Are you using a DELL computer by any chance?

Chad Holton

Hello,

I'm sending you instructions from the support system. If you don't see it in your inbox, please check your SPAM folder.

Best regards,
Chad

deirdrelambert

I am having the same problem but with a Dell computer running Windows 7 Professional. KeyShot 5.3 (floating license) seems to open fine and lets me view the preloaded things like the camera and cube animation but when I go to a new scene and press Import, the whole program crashes without ever even opening a browsing window. Any ideas?

Chad Holton

Hello,

I'm sending you instructions from the support system as well. If you don't see it in your inbox, please check your SPAM folder.

Best regards,
Chad

Mr.Ty

Hi Chad,

I am also having a problem where Keyshot is duplicating a crash on my system. It seems to be fine until I browse/import ect. then the entire program crashes.

Would you please also send me those instructions so that I can give it a shot?

Chad Holton

Hi Mr.Ty,

I sure will - give me a minute and it should be on it's way.

Chad

darrenlysenko

Me too!  I have a Dell and it keeps crashing.  Please could you send me the solution?

Chad Holton

I just sent you an email, Darren.

If anyone else runs into this issue, please contact our support team for faster assistance: support@luxion.com

darrenlysenko

Quote from: Chad Holton on September 02, 2016, 05:42:54 AM
I just sent you an email, Darren.

If anyone else runs into this issue, please contact our support team for faster assistance: support@luxion.com

Thank you so much!  Problem solved!

As an added bonus, I was plagued by the same issue with Maya 2017 too, and that's been resolved as well.

Very happy!  :)

guest84672

Also FYI - we just released the latest plugin for Maya  2017.