stamped logo on leather surface

Started by x11d, March 15, 2016, 09:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

x11d

Hello,
I am not sure if there is a way to create a stamped logo with painted surfaces on for example a leather surface.
What I need is a stamping into the material.

I have not really found a solution beside really modelling it inside Creo which is my CAD program. The modelling in the modelling software is super time consuming as the surfaces are not flat at all and rather complicated to project. Also I need to work on various logos.

The attached picture is just an example and not reflecting my uneven surface.

I am thankfull for any hint or link

Stephan

NM-92

Depending on the depth of the stamping, you can use a bump map to simulate that effect.

TpwUK

You have a couple of choices really. You can use products such as CrazyBump or B2M that will create the bump maps for you to use and see if they are good enough to use on your model. The maps generated can be saved so every time you get a new logo to render, you need only run it through your bump map generator of choice and you'll be good to go again

The second option is to export or remodel the leather part in something like Max or Maya, of course the free option of Blender is always there too. These packages have displacement mapping, which can take the maps generated by the bump map generators and they effectively emboss the mesh physically, so the bump map actually becomes part of the geometry and not just an image.

Martin

x11d

Hello NM-92 and TpwUK,
thanks a lot for your posts. I have been "playing" a bit with crazy bump and my model. I am really surprised how well that works. It seems I can reach my target .... I will post some examples within the next few days.

Have a great day!